Weekend in Montreal

 




A few weekends ago we took a last minute trip up to Montreal, Canada. My husband, our kids and my sister and her husband. We just stayed for the weekend and had a short but fun trip. We definitely would love to go back. 

We drove up and it honestly was a nice ride. No traffic, but more importantly the little one was fine the whole way! Our last road trip to D.C he cried almost the whole ride! So luckily he was good this time around. We found an Airbnb 30 minutes outside of Montreal and it was just a cute little house on the lake. Sorry I got no pics, but if you follow me on Instagram I did post a few on my instastories. 

I loved being in Montreal! Even though it was fairly close it really felt like we were a world away. French is the official language so it was really cool to immerse ourselves with the French speakers. Most everyone spoke English so it was easy to navigate. Actually French and English are both the official langues of Canada, but in Quebec which Montreal is in, the official language is French. 


We mostly just hung out and checked out the city. We ate some amazing food! I could not bring myself to try the famous Quebec dish poutine. I just couldn't! I love fries, but the gravy and cheese didn't sound appetizing. Maybe next time ooorrr maybe not!




We did visit the Botanical Gardens which was so fun! And the insectarium was so cool and interesting! Creepy but interesting. I really wish I had more pictures! 


We also checked out a cat cafe which was probably one of the best things ever! It was so cute and the kids had so much fun! I cant think of anything cuter than have a latte surrounded by cats. I actually noticed some in the city and cant wait to check them out!

On our last day we had breakfast at such an amazing place and then walked around a flower market. We also enjoyed the day by taking a swan ride. We had such a good weekend and excited to visit Montreal again. 



Thanks for reading! :)

Follow me on Instagram- & let me know what you think of my post.




Comments

Popular Posts