DIY:Hanging branch chandelier


The picture below was my inspiration for this project. I saw it in a Crate & Barrel with ornaments hanging off, and I fell in love with it. But for $70!  =/  I couldn't justify spending so much on a small piece of seasonal decor.  

Then I decided it seemed easy enough to make one of my own. I mean, branches are everywhere and all I would need is a little rope, a wire hanger and some ornaments. Easy enough. 


Well, actually yea it was as easy as I thought it would be. A little more time consuming than expected, but that's ok. 

The hanger was pretty hard to cut and bend because it was a sturdier wire hanger. Wrapping the branches to the hanger was some work as well, a little frustrating. I actually used a rope-like ribbon from Michael's which worked fine. The hard part was some branches kept snapping if I wrapped too tight. Yet, if I didn't wrap tight enough the branch kept sliding around. But as I kept working on it, eventually it worked out. 

That's basically all the hard parts. I added a bit of white paint for a wintery feel, then attached four extra strips of ribbon for hanging, and up it went. 

Lastly, some small light weight ornaments and it was complete. Then I clipped some pine needles from my tree for some extra color and texture. 


Here it is:








Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

Popular Posts