Trip to Mexico

We spent a week in Mexico, and I'm so happy to share some pics from our trip. We had such a good time, and saw so much! I'm hesitant to call a trip with kids a "vacation" because it's so much more work. But I wouldn't trade it for the world, the opportunity to travel and show our kids as much of the world as we possibly can. 

We stayed a week, 5 days in Playa del Carmen and 2 days in Cancun. 

This case was a little different for us this time, since we usually travel during school holidays, but this time we took our son out of school to go on vacation. We were pretty hesitant about this, since we didnt want him to miss so much school. But after a talk with his teacher and having her assure us it was ok, since he's doing well in school and had some work to take with him on the trip. Doing homework on vacation is not ideal, but he actually did a lot on the plane rides and whenever we had down time.




 Originally I really wanted to stay in Tulum, but ended up in Playa Del Carmen since it was a little more family oriented and more creature comforts such as shops and activities to entertain us. We stayed at Paradisus Resort and we had a wonderful time! It's an all-inclusive resort which is great if you want to spend most of your time in the resort, you literally have nothing to worry about. Besides spa treatments/tips or if you venture out for trips/experiences you have nothing left to worry about paying for. 
We are definitely not ones to just stay in the resort which is fine if you are, because this place was paradise. But if your like us Playa Del Carmen is such a nice place to get out and see. We did stick to touristy areas where we shopped, ate and got to hang with the locals and tourist alike. It really is a beautiful place. 
We rented a car so we were actually able to drive out to Tulum and check out the ruins. I was in complete awe of how amazing they are! It was a lot of walking with a toddler, his stroller and our bags, on a hot, sunny and crowded day. But it was so worth it! The views were unbelievable and to be standing with all that history is such an experience. 




















We also took a boat out to do some snorkaling and get a ocean side view of the ruins. Origanally I was gonna just stay in the boat while my husband and our oldest-who've gone snorkeling many times before-go into the water. Well, while the little one and I where waiting, just seeing the turtles from above, kinda decided to just go in! I'm not brave at all! So I have no idea what got into me, but I decided to go in with my almost 2 yr old! He loved it! he was fine! I handed him to my husband who is a much better swimmer and there I was, in the middle of the ocean surrounded by sea turtles, sting rays and possibly sharks!(i'm dramatic, but it's possible) a few minutes in, I completely regretted my decision. 

Looking back now I'm so glad I did it and experienced it, but after a few mouthfulls and eyefulls of saltwater I was wishing I was back on that boat which had been moving further and further away. My oldest was trying to help me, but I was at the mercy of the sea and just couldnt do it anymore. To makes matters worse, If you follow me on instagram you'd know I was having pain in my ankle that made it diffuclt to swim well. I was clearly sturggling and thankfully one of the tour guides helped me(dragged me) back to the boat. It was quite the experince but not sure if i'm up for it again. 



We spent alot of time on the beach(me on the sand) and really just enjoyed chilling out and eating wayy to much. I have to say all the food and resutrants at the resort were really good! We've stayed at other resorts where the food left alot to be desired. But at the Paradisus Playa Del Carmen the food was amazing. 

Our last 2 days we went over to the Paradisus Cancun. Which is a completely different vibe. Playa del Carmen is definitely more family oriented and relaxing vibe. They actually have 2 different sides of the resort one being adults only. While the Cancun resort was nice, we definitely preferred the other that geared more towards families. 

But the views and beach in Cancun are the beyond beautiful! I could stare at it for hours! They also have some serious shopping in Cancun! All in all we had an amazing trip and are really looking forward to coming back soon.

I hope you enjoy all our pics, and if you're visiting the Rivera Maya soon, or plan to and have any questions please feel free to ask. 

Thanks for reading! :)

Follow me on Instagram- & let me know what you think of my post.

Comments

Popular Posts